Bolognese stuffed pasta shells 🤩
Finally getting around to posting this dish from the other night! We love a stuffed pasta shell in this household 🍴🤍
Bolognese pasta bake recipe
• Fry mince in olive oil with red onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano and basil. I also like to add in finely chopped celery, carrots and mushrooms at this stage.
• Add 1 tsp tomato purée, 1 can chopped tomatoes, a splash of balsamic vinegar, 1 small glass of red wine and a beef or chicken stock cube. Leave to simmer until cooked.
• Whilst Bolognese is simmering, cook the large pasta shells in boiling water and drain. Toss in a little olive oil to avoid sticking and leave to cool on side.
• In the base of the dish I like to add a basic tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. This stops the pasta sticking and drying up in the oven.
• Now you can fill the pasta shells with Bolognese mixture, arrange in the dish and top with torn mozzarella/ Parmesan before seasoning further if desired.
• Bake in oven for around 25 mins at 190 degrees.
Serve with garlic ciabatta or a side salad and enjoy 🥰