Celebrating Cinco de Mayo with a naked burrito bowl 🥰🇲🇽🍸
This colourful dish is so versatile and can be enjoyed veggie or with meat! Find the simple recipe below 🌈
Fajita chicken (pulled)
• This is best prepared in a slow cooker however if pushed for time 45 mins in an ovenproof dish in a 180 degree pre heated oven will work.
• If using a slow cooker, you will need 200ml of chicken stock, 2 chicken breasts and 2 tbsp fajita seasoning. Add all to the slow cooker then mix, cover and leave on high heat for 4 hours. At end of cooking time, check chicken is cooked through and shred using two forks.
• For the oven method, use the same ingredients, however reduce the stock measurement by half to 100ml. Cover and cook for 45 mins, ensuring cooked through and easy to pull apart. If not, cook for a little longer.
Pico de gallo 🍅
• In a bowl combine, 1 large beef tomato (finely chopped), 1 red pepper (finely chopped), 1/2 red onion (finely chopped), small bunch of fresh coriander (finely chopped), squeeze of fresh lime and a little fresh chilli if desired.
Bowl prep 🥑
• For the base, add your rice of choice. We usually use brown rice and add a little lime and coriander.
• Then for the fun part, arrange all your toppings including smashed avocado, sweetcorn, olives (optional), pico de gallo salsa, re-fried black beans (fry in non stick pan for 5 mins to create a slightly sticky texture) and a dollop of soured cream.
Season with chilli flakes or fresh chilli for an added kick and serve with a wedge of fresh lime 💚