Mexican chilli bowl 🥑🍚🇲🇽
Absolutely love the combo of avocado with freshly squeezed lime and chilli con carne so a Mexican bowl is always a win!
• Long grain rice (base layer)
• Chilli con carne
• Tortilla chips (crushed)
• Soured cream
• Avocado (sliced)
• Lime wedge
I’m sure everyone knows how to make a chilli however see below for a speedy one pan recipe🍴
• Finely chop 1 red onion and 2 cloves of garlic and fry in olive oil on medium heat until softened. If using a red pepper (sliced) add this in at this stage too.
• Add the mince and seasoning – my go to is 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tsp chilli powder, salt and pepper. Sizzle for 5-10 mins or until browned.
• Add 1 tin chopped tomatoes and 1 tin of drained red kidney beans. Stir and add 1 cube of beef or chicken stock if desired.
• Cover and turn up heat to reduce excess liquids before serving 🥰