Super simple pizza bagels 🍕🥯
Have wanted to try these for a while after seeing them all over TikTok in recent months and they did not disappoint 👌🏼
Ingredients are listed below ✔️
Sourdough bagels (marksandspencerfoodpr ones are fab)
2 x mozzarella balls (sliced)
2 x garlic cloves (peeled and halved)
Tomato purée (1 tsp per bagel)
Salt flakes (cornishsea_salt always)
• Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees
• Halve your bagel and place on an oven proof tray before drizzling with olive oil and rubbing with half a clove of garlic. Alternatively you can used crushed garlic or a little chopped frozen garlic.
• Place in oven for 3-4 minutes, remove from oven and add 1 tsp tomato purée to each bagel half with a light sprinkle of oregano and salt, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Return to oven for a further 3-4 minutes.
• Remove from oven before finally adding your mozzarella slices and a little more oregano along with choice of toppings.
• Cook for a further 8-10 minutes, ensuring cheese has browned nicely before removing and finishing off with a further drizzle of olive oil and some chilli flakes.
Topping ideas 🍅🫒🫑
Mini chorizo slices (marksandspencerfoodpr ones are the perfect size)
Black pitted olives (halved)
Overall these were delicious and involved minimum hassle 😍 I will absolutely be trying again in the near future with updated toppings, maybe a veggie option with peppers?
Also, best served with a simple side salad 🥗